Monday, November 14, 2011

i remember... nothing

i saw that my favorite author nora ephron has a new book out titled "I Remember NOTHING" (cant wait to get my hands on 'em)

which brings me up to my husband's longtime peeve on me.  he says, how the hell can i remember the date when he bought his first iphone, or remember what he was wearing the day we met or remember the food he ordered on our 2nd date, but i dont remember what he said that is totally 100% important 10mins ago?

and then i will answer back with conviction "ikaw ba ma caesarian 2x!  imagine ang anesthesia na tinurok sakin ng bonggang bongga?"

no but seriously, i can still remember these random weird things:
-what my friend wore to her friend's brother's wake 15 years ago, but i dont remember what i wore.  (she wore her RL collared light pink shirt tucked in a jeans)

-i cried in nursery class when my classmate pointed out i colored the whole page wrong.  the instruction was to color only the things that can be found inside the house.  and i colored the pig black and the car red. but i dont remember being told by the teacher of the instructions (i guess i wasnt paying attention)...

-i used to sit under the barre and outline with my finger the seams of the tights of the bigger girls when in line for corner exercises.  i remember they would all get tickled and be surprised to find me hidden there under the barre.

-it was in ciara's house where i first ate sineguelas. i remember also we even ate a lot of pineapples.  we ate lunch at her house.  i just dont remember what viand we had.  we definitely had rice ofcourse.
-i remember my brother getting mad at me for jumbling the questions in his reviewer (he memorized the answer in sequence kasi)

-my mom got mad one time when she was putting baby oil at my brother's back, because the bottle was filled with water (and i filled it.  i never admitted it was me)

-i remember Myra, the lady who owns the salon in my hometown, where my mom used to take me to have my curls done.  (i was jealous of my friends with curls daw.  but i dont remember ever telling her i was jealous of anyone's curls...)
-i remember that the cousin of my neighbor lent me my neighbor's stationary set.  i remember they were blue with flower design and scented.  she handed it to me early morning.  by the afternoon she said my neighbor was looking for it.  so i tried and tried so hard to look for it.  i never found them.  i was so sorry, i gave her a different set of stationery.  and she got mad at me.  for weeks i really tried really hard looking for them, but i never found them.

-i lost a ring my mom gave me when i was in gradeschool.  she accused me of giving it to a boy i was crushing on.  the thing is, i was really really bad at remembering where i put things before.  i always lost a jewelry, a headband, a one week old guess watch (which was really IN back then).  i never gave any of my stuff away.  i really really lost them. i regret losing them til now.  like the charriol bracelet i bought with my salary.  i lost it when i left it on the floor in the studio during a shooting for a tv show.

-i remember random dates of events
            -like when my husband bought his iphone (it was dec13 2009);
            -when we  went to enchanted with my daughter and i was pregnant (dec 18 2009).  i was 2 months pregnant.  my daughter and i took a cab to my husband's office in valero.  the cab's meter read 179, super overcharging.  i was so mad but i still paid for it anyway.  i thought i was gonna be short for change so i asked my husband to wait for us outside his office.
           -when we went to see narnia when we were still dating (jan 12 2006)
           -when i first learned i was pregnant with elah (may 29, 2006)
         
isn't my memory weird?  usually when my husband and i talk about some random past, i would just blurt out, "oh you were even wearing this... it was on MM/dd/yyyy" and he would just give me a look with a gigantic "?"

i can still restage some dances i last performed 10 or 15years ago.  i can dance them full length in my head right now.  my friends say my brain is a total dance database.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment